Bourgeois Deviant

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Too Good Not to Re-Post

This just keeps me laughing. People around me in the office are starting to give me strange looks. Re-blogged to you (edited) courtesy of my beaten to death and into the ground so far that it can smell China sense of humor. Baccus bless you, Martha.

Merry Gin Day: A Christmas Monologue

Setting: In-laws' condo in Vermont. Late on Christmas night. Martha Who, Husband, In-laws are in living room. Post-West Wing. It is quiet. Brother-in-Law enters from kitchen with a fresh gin and tonic.

MARTHA'S BROTHER-IN-LAW (holding glass up to Christmas Tree)
Anyone else want a gin and tonic?

*Silence*

MARTHA'S BROTHER-IN-LAW (continuing...)
Anyone else deserve a gin and tonic?
Ahhhhhhh....gin.
Gin, gin, gin, gin gin!

(not to really anyone specifically)

Gin is....
Gin is....
Well, Gin is like the nectar...
Like the...

Gin is like the nectar... of Baby Jesus Christ, Himself! Seriously... the baby Jesus. As in Jesus Christ. If Jesus were to stand up here right now, and urinate down on us, it would be gin. Beautiful, crystal-clear, wonderful, perfect gin. Jesus Beefeater Christ...

Gin, gin, gin...we've been through a lot together. Some good times, some bad times. But mostly good. And always interesting. And always ... together. This day is really a celebration of gin. Of Jesus's pee. Thank you, Jesus.
Merry Gin Day!
Merry Gin Day...
I'm done.

CURTAIN

postscript from MarthaWho:
Merry Gin Day to all, and to all a good night!

2 Comments:

  • yo crack-ah, whazzup? Grassy-ass for the honor of your re-post. Like I said offline (ja get my email, admiral?)... I only wish I had to embellish that story to make it what it was. BIL was in rare form on Jesus' birthday. Anyway I'm compiling a list of guilty pleasures to re-pay you. Cheers, the Martha

    By Blogger Martha Who?, at Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:15:00 PM  

  • I giddily await your list. Well, I giddily await any list, but yours above all. You'zum does the wright'n goot!

    By Blogger Bourgeois Deviant, at Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home